We discuss what’s going on at Go Be More HQ, and then how and why to use backcasting, including:
– How we feel today about one year after deciding to start Go Be More together
– Why the podcast was important for us to build around
– The growth of the Just One Challenge and the feedback we are getting from everyone doing it
– What backcasting is, and how it can be juxtaposed with forecasting
– The two benefits: identifying your main obstacles and determining if there is a realistic path to achieving your goal
– Jon’s approach to imagining he already was the person he intended to be and how that guided his lifestyle decisions
– The importance of aligning your goals with the lifestyle required to achieve them
– How you can use backcasting to identify the high level obstacles and start your planning process and the day-to-day behaviors you will need to do to be successful
– Why it works for any type of goal, from being the Olympic champion to writing a book, to improving your relationship with a loved one
– How backcasting and planning can empower you and feed your strength and motivation by increasing your confidence in what you are doing
– An exercise to sit down and think of where you want to be in the future and identify the five biggest obstacles that will keep you from getting there
– And why if you can sit down and think of just one new potential obstacle and make a plan to overcome it, you’ve just improved your chances at being successful
If you liked this episode, you may also like our episode on Sustaining Your Momentum and our interview with legendary coach Bob Larsen.
Recorded July 29, 2020.
Thinking in Bets: Making Smarter Decisions When You Don’t Have All the Facts by Annie Duke – Amazon
Be Who You Want To Be Now (Jon’s Speech at Keller Williams) – YouTube
Plans are Worthless but Planning is Everything – Go Be More Blog
LOVE THE POD? LEAVE US A REVIEW ON ITUNES!
It’s the best way to help us grow, and we’ve made it super easy. Just click here: iTunes Ratings and Review