We break down the Just One Challenge, including:
– Where the idea originated and how it ties to everything we believe at Go Be More
– How the Just One Challenge helps solve the critical problem of getting started every day, day after day
– How the Just One Challenge helps to create the habits and routines that ultimately lead to success
– How moving forward in a positive direction doesn’t have to lead you to a specific goal, but rather can help to create opportunities, which you can pursue as goals in the future
– Why it’s not about doing one, but doing one every day. The difficulty is in the consistency, which is where the benefits are, too.
– The two things that happened to Bryan after one month of his Just One push-up challenge: he felt ridiculous saying he couldn’t do one push-up, and he felt ridiculous doing only one push-up.
– How it causes you to rethink a lot of assumptions that end up becoming limitations and throwing them all out the window
– How this forces us to not overshoot and set ourselves up for failure by setting expectations we aren’t ready to meet
– How the Just One Challenge can also help you understand why you are doing something and where it fits into your life
– How the Just One Challenge defines your minimum, but not your maximum, and how both can change over time
– Some practical, real-world examples where we’ve applied the Just One Challenge and examples where we’ve failed because we overshot and didn’t use it
– Why sometimes you want to make your Just One Challenge about quantity (one push-up, one page) and other times about time (one minute)
– How doing it with an accountability partner can help, and how creating physical reminders of your progress can boost your consistency
– And lastly, why one is infinitely more than none, and how getting to one consistently is the key to success
If you liked this episode, you may also like our first two episodes on Getting Started and Sustaining Your Momentum.
Recorded July 10, 2020.
Announcing the #JustOneChallenge – Go Be More Blog
Three Mental Hacks to Help You Get Started (And Keep You Going) – Go Be More Blog
Lead with Love – Interview with Coby Miller – Go Be More Podcast
LOVE THE POD? LEAVE US A REVIEW ON ITUNES!
It’s the best way to help us grow, and we’ve made it super easy. Just click here: iTunes Ratings and Review